Monday, October 17, 2011

New Releases Oct. 10-15

Dear Readers,

This weekend was a year end time for me.  Each year for the past 5 or so years I have lead workshops to a group of church librarians from around the midwest.  It is loads and loads of fun.  I am getting to know many of them that I only get to see once a year, but that is what makes is so fun. 

What makes it a year end for me is what I speak on.  I do reviews on all the books I have read in the past year.  Every year I start my list for next year the day I get back.  It helps me see what I am reading and if I am trending to one certian genre and then I can make sure I read from other genres.  It also helps me to know if I am reading or not reading enough new authors.  So really this has been a great thing for me.  It also makes me laugh because of the number of books I read a year is very very evident. 

This year I brought a list of 61 books.  I never get through them all, but it does make me realize how many books I read a year.  This does not include books that I have read but haven't released yet, ones I didn't like or I don't think would be good for most church libriaries.  It is stil amazing to me how many I do read and I just don't feel like I am a fast reader.  I don't read until 3 in the morning any more - to old, I need my sleep. LOL - but I still seem to find the time to read.  I guess it really is like breathing to me.

Happy Reading

Valley of Dreams - Lauraine Snelling
A Lasting Impression - Tamara Alexander

No comments: