Friday, October 21, 2011

Bryan and Amanda Davis

Dear Readers,
I am not sure where the time has gone, but I lost a week in there somewhere.  Maybe it was the 80 degree weather we were having in Oct. or maybe it is that I don't really want it to be the end of Oct. already, but I had this post ready to go for next week, oops. 
Brian Davis has long been a favorite author at my house.  My son and youngest daughter have both read his books and enjoyed them.  Brian's Dragons in our Midst series was read as fast as the books Third Starlighter (Tales of Starlight), , n9780899578859hit the shelves and both kids were looking for the next one.
When he started writing books for older teens and adults my daughter was glad to continue reading him.  I personally have not read all of his books, but the ones I have read I have enjoyed.  They are interesting and are written with a certain intrigue to them that keeps the readers completely involved.  
I love supporting youth and teen authors who have a wonderful Christian message woven into a good story.  So when I heard that Bryan with his daughter Amanda was coming to visit here at the store I was very excited.  I encourage you to come see them and get to know them a bit.  I meet Bryan years ago at our Holland store and I was stuck at how passionate he was to writing good fiction for teens.  One of his daughters was along and I believe it was Amanda, but I am not 100% positive, and she was in charge of his website at the time.  It really was and obviously still is a family affair for him and his writing.
Precisely Terminated (The Cantral Chronicles), , n9780899578965
Come meet Bryan and Amanda here tonight at 7:00p.m. and listen to them both share about their writing experience. 
Happy Reading

No comments: