Friday, March 18, 2011

Mindy Starns Clark

Dear Readers,
Those of you that have followed my reviews for years know this series well.  The Million Dollar Mysteries is where I first fell in love with Mindy Starns Clark.  The series went out of print a few years ago, much to my sorrow. 

A Penny for Your Thoughts
old cover

I am happy to report that they are coming back with wonderful new covers.  I can honestly say if you like Mindy's other books, you will like these also.  The unique thing with this series is, not only does each book have its own mystery, they are all answers to a mystery that runs through the whole series.
Callie is an investigator for an non-profit group that gives out grants to people and organizations that are deserving of them.  Her job is to go and check out the organizations to see if they are on the up and up or if there is a problem. 
Of course this is what leads to her adventures.  Most of the time things are what they seem, but sometimes they aren't and that is usually where the trouble begins. 

Don't Take Any Wooden Nickels
old cover
I remember it took me a little bit to warm up to Callie and I believe that Mindy wrote her that way on purpose, then you can listen to her and get to understand who she really is.  I know by the end I felt like she was an old friend and I hated to see the series end. 
The 5 book series startes with A Penny for Your Thoughs, #2 is Don't take any Wooden Nickels, #3 is A Dime a Dozen, #4 is A Quarter for a Kiss and #5 is The Buck stops here.  They are not all out yet, but over the next few months they should all be on the shelf again. 
Happy Reading

No comments: