Monday, December 21, 2009

Ted Dekker

Dear Readers,


Here is one of those authors that is causing the great discussions on what is and isn't Christian fiction. Ted Dekker is one that you either love his books or hate them. I for one love them. They are not all my favorite, but if nothing else, his books always make me think. Nothing is as it seems, sometimes you have to hunt for the answers to questions.

Burn co-authored with Erin Healy will not disappoint Dekker fans. Now to be honest I wasn't as excited when I saw this one as Kiss wasn't really my favorite of Ted's books. Burn is different. It kept me guessing all the way to the end as to where we were going on the twist he threw in.

Janeal lost everything in a fire; or was that gained everything? She was sick of living the gypsy life. She wanted out. When the opportunity presented itself to her, she took it even though it cost her friends their lives. She starts a new life and seems to be living the life she always wanted.

Until the past and the present collide. The friends that she thought were dead are alive and the enemy that she thought she had destroyed is once again threatening her life. Does she really have to go back to her family home to rid herself of her past?

Fast paced, with several twist and turns, this was more than I expected. It isn't really a thriller, but it has several elements of a thriller. It isn't really a fantasy like the Circle books. It is just a very interesting story that kept me reading quickly to the end.

This book was scheduled to come out in January and it nicely released early. Which is always nice if you are looking for that last minute gift for that hard-to-buy-for reader in your family.

Happy Reading
Chris

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you like books that keep people reading and are just out, you may possibly be interested in my new release, Angela 1: Starting Over. To learn more, just click on my name and follow the link to my website. I also invite you to read my blog at www.davidabedford.aegauthorblogs.com. Thanks!