Monday, April 13, 2009

Irene Hannon


Dear Readers,

Some of you know that I have been reading Against all Odds by Irene Hannon. I finished it this morning and I can safely say that if you like Dee Henderson and miss her books this is an author for you. The book very much has the feel of the O'Malley series to it. Instead of family members it looks like she is going to be writing the series about different members of the FBI team that you meet in the series.

Evan Cooper is on the Hostage Rescue Team (HRT) and his new assignment is not really all that exciting. He is assigned to guard a diplomat's daughter who has received a death threat. He is not eager to go, to him it is a waste of his weekend off.

Monica is even less excited to have Coop and his partner Mark in her house. It is her father that asked the government to protect her, and Monica feels he has no right to do that as he walked out of her life years earlier, choosing work over family. She has several engagements she can't miss and she refuses to let terrorists dictate her life. That is until they get into her home and threaten her directly.

I am sure most of you can see where this is going. There is a romance and to be honest with you I wasn't sure if I would like this book at first. But I did. It is just a fun little story that isn't overly intense. There are a couple parts that get exciting and make for a good story. Over all it is a good read. I do recommend it for those Henderson fans who have despaired of her ever writing another book.

Happy Reading
Chris

No comments: