Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ted Dekker


Dear Readers,
A Ted Dekker book is met with such different responses when I recommend them. It seems to be you either love him or hate him. If you are enjoy a good creepy mystery, ex. this will be the book for you.

BoneMan's Daughters is not a read at night when home alone book. It is creepy and every noise in the house is him coming to get you. I really did like this book and can't wait until more of you get a chance to read it so I can ask you what you thought of it. It has been interesting so far to see who has liked it or not liked it and why. But that is so few people it isn't a good read on that.

Ryan Evans is captured in Iraq and tortured beyond anything anyone would expect him to survive. But survive and escape he does. The military sends him home to recover. He is eager to go home and prove to his wife, Celine, and his daughter, Bethany, that he is sorry for the past and wants to make it up to them. The problem is they have moved on with out him.

BoneMan is trying to find the perfect daughter and hasn't yet found one that is. He is killing his victims by breaking their bones and leaving them to die. The police and FBI thought they had the guy, but now they are not so sure. When Bethany goes missing, Ryan is their first suspect. He needs to prove his innocence to everyone while trying to rescue his daughter.

Fast paced, edge of your seat mystery. It was not easy for me to lay it down once I got started. I will admit that a couple of times it was just plain scary to read. I didn't like that part of it, but I couldn't stop reading because I really had to know who the BoneMan was. It reminded me a bit of a Mary Higgins Clark book because it got to the point where I couldn't put it down until I knew the bad guy was caught.

If you are a fan of Ted's you will like it. If you are a fan of Steven James you may want to give this one a try. If you are a fan of a good creepy book this is one you will want to read. I wouldn't want to read this is my husband was out of town, but then again I am a big 'fraidy cat.

Happy Reading
P.S. This book releases on April 14th.

No comments: