Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"A Mile in My Flip-Flops" by Melody Carlson

Dear Readers,
Melody Carlson's newest, A Mile in my Flip-flops, is a great read. It is perfect for summer and is just a nice relaxing book. It is centered around the house flipping phenomenon that is sweeping cable TV.

Gretchen Hanover needs money and needs it fast. She also needs more room for her rather large and enthusiastic lab. She is sick of her small apt. What's a girl to do? Well, buy a house to flip of course. With little experience, and only happy thoughts, Gretchen desides this is where God wants her to go.

I don't want you to think that this is just a "silly" book. It is a lighter book than some of us are use to from Melody, but I also seem to be saying that a lot about her books lately. I know she is writing some heavy duty teen books for girls, so maybe she needs the break.

This book is a look at what we hear God saying, and what we think he is saying. With many errors and starts and stops, Gretchen finds what she is looking for, only she didn't know she was looking for what she found. Does that make any sense? To figure it out you will have to read the book. :-)

I so enjoy Melody's books. Her characters are real and fun, they make you want to hang out with them. In fact Gretchen reminds me of what I would be like if I decide to fix up a house. Of course she has more experience and get-go to do something like that than I ever would. This was just a fun book to read, though it did not make me want to flip a house. That is too much work.

Happy Reading

No comments: