Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I use to wish this would happen to me.

Stranded in a Library
(Sing to the tune of “Let it Snow”)
Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the library’s delightful,
By the light of my cell phone’s glow,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
There are so many to get lost in,
Like the Brontës, Twain, and Austen,
Or Harriet Beecher Stowe,
Let it snow, let it snow, Edgar Poe!
When the plows come at last I’ll find,
That I’ll mourn for my reading cut short.
But just look what I’ll leave behind:
A classical tome blanket fort.
Maybe tragedy for a while,
'Cause Euripides’s my style.
Or the long Russian tales of woe,
Let it snow, let it snow, Romeo!
As the storm goes on, I’ll get to it:
Harper Lee or C.S. Lewis,
Then Emerson and Thoreau,
Let it snow, let it snow, V. Hugo!
Oh, my TBR pile will grow,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: