Thursday, December 15, 2016

Michele Phoenix

Dear Readers,

Okay okay okay it is so hard to write a review for a book that I want to tell you everything about and yet can tell you nothing.  Michele Phoenix's newest release In Silence and Storm is a book that once you get finished reading it you want to find someone else who has read it so you can have a discussion about it.  This book will not leave me alone even though I have finished over a week ago.

Lauren and Sam new that wanted to do mission work and yet Lauren thought that had passed them by once they started their family and their life seemed perfect.  But the day Sam comes home with the pamphlets for Nepal, Laura knows their lives will never be the same.

Two years after arriving in Nepal their family has come to a crisis.  Sam is content with his life of mission work, but Lauren and their son Ryan are dying. What choices will be made when it all comes to a head.

I know this book focuses on mission work and the choices that are made and lives that are sacrificed for the work, but I also think it is a reminder for us all when we make life changing choices with out consulting the rest of our family. How sometimes we can think things are of God and yet we ignore all the signpost along the way that tell us otherwise.

This is one of those type of books that each reader is going to get something very different out of the story.  Michele is very good at writing books driven by huge issues and then not giving us pat answers to the problems.  I will be the first to tell you that the book did not end the way I thought it would, which I was very glad for.  But I also am going to be the first to say, it ended is a very good way.

Happy Reading,

No comments: