Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thomas Locke


Dear Readers,

I have had the privilege to read and then share Emissary by Thomas Locke before it released.   I wish I could have shared it with each one of you, but I only got a certain number of copies.  Rats.  But I want to let you know if you are looking for a good fantasy book I  encourage you to pick this book up.

Our main character, Hyam, is about to turn 21 when his mother passes.  Her last request is he go to the Long Hall and find his father.  What he finds there is much different than anything he expects to find.  He finds out that not only is his father gone, he is not wanted in the Hall either and he can’t figure out why.

EmissaryWhy, it turns out, is a quest that you get to go with Hyam on.  What makes this book so fun is the way Thomas weaves the human element into a story about creatures that don’t exist.  We meet with Elves and a race of telepaths that come and go whenever they feel like it.  The story will have echoes of The Hobbit.

Now I want to quickly assure you that Thomas does not fancy himself the next J.R.R. Tolkien, but he so enjoyed Tolkien’s books, he wanted to make sure there were other books out there for those reading that genre. 

Emissary is book one of a new series with book #2 coming out soon.  I for one am looking forward to reading it, and I have heard back from several other readers that have said the same thing.

Happy Reading,

No comments: