Friday, January 31, 2014

New Release - Eyes Wide Open - Ted Dekker

Dear Readers,

There were a couple of things that drew me to Eyes Wide Open by Ted Dekker.  First it is the hard copy of a series of books that released online last year under the series title of The Outlaw Chronicles.  I read the first one and really enjoyed it but didn't plop the money down for the other 3.  So I am interested in what they are like.

The second thing was in the actual description of the book on the back cover.  "In a return to the kind of storytelling that made Black, Showdown and Three Unforgettable, Ted Dekker drags (the question Who are you?)  to light... pure escapism packed with inescapable truth. "  That quote covers two of my favorite books by Ted and I would love to read more along that style.

Christy Snow is 17 and about to die.  She seems to be buried in a coffin and no one know where she is.  The back of the book goes on from there and I could quote it all to you, but I think if you are at all interested in this book I will leave it up to you to find out what happens in this book.

Three was the book that really won me as a fan for Ted and Black made me wish her wrote his books faster.  Now I haven't loved every book Ted has written, but watching how his mind works in his fiction has been an interesting journey.  I am looking forward to join him in an adventure once again.

Happy Reading




No comments: