Friday, November 15, 2013

New Release - Kiss of Revenge - Debbie Viguie

Dear Readers,

I don't know if I have mentioned it, but I am not that into Vampire books.  I have never read the Twilight books and I have only read a couple of Anne Rice's books, as good as those are.  It isn't something I really enjoy reading as most of them are really creepy and I am not really into horror.  Dracula was evil personified and some have taken that to a new level.  There are interesting ones out there, but mostly they are just gory.

That is until I was asked to read book #1 in the Kiss trilogy by Debbie Viguie, Kiss of Night.  I flew through the book and could hardly wait for book #2 Kiss of Death, but then book #3 has been a little wait, but thankfully Kiss of Revenge is finally in our hands and we can fight along side Susan and Wendy and their little band that stands between the Vampires and world domination.

From what I understood, Debbie started this series with the thought, could a vampire be saved.  Can something so evil actually become a believer?  With the answer being yes, Debbie wrote a couple of very interesting characters into her books.  One being a monk who was a vampire and a one who was fighting for humans, Raphael.  It made for some thought-provoking reading. 

Susan and Wendy are ready to fulfill their destiny.  They need to fight Richelieu and his growing band of vampires for supremacy of the world.  The vampires are ready to take over and make humans their slaves and the only thing that stands between them is a little group that stands divided right now.  Can they discover the secret of the cross before it is to late?

These books have been great fun to read.  They are fast paced, with great characters and a story line that leaves you wanting to turn the page as quickly as possible.  I really wish there was more in the series, but thankfully Debbie has loads of other books that are just as good to read.

Happy Reading,

No comments: