Friday, June 14, 2013

New Release - Mike Dellosso

Dear Readers,
I never know whether to tell people that I read these kind of books or not.  Sometimes when you tell someone that you like to read thrillers/spiritual warfare fiction, they can look at you a little funny and usually say, “oh I don’t read those kind of books.”  It usually makes me chuckle to myself, do they mean they don’t like the spiritual warfare part of the book or is it that they don’t like the thriller part of it?
Either way, if you like books that will keep you up at night or hearing every ‘bump in the night’ then Mike Dellosso writes the type of books for you.  Now I have not read all of his books, but the ones I have read make my skin crawl and usually require me to read them during the day light hours not the middle of the night.  No that would be a very bad idea.
In Fearless Mike doesn’t let up on our imaginations, he keeps you on the edge of your seat and makes sleep a thing of better days. Jim and Amy agree to take in the mysteries Louisa when she appears in the middle of a house fire.  No one claims her and no one in the area knows anything about her.  There is something about this child that Amy doesn’t feel quite right with and as Louisa’s gift comes to light, it becomes clear that all is not right.
Ok there is something extra creepy about spooky children.  If you are a Whovian you know what I mean, but in the case of this book it means that I will be reading it while there are long hours of sunshine in the summer.
Happy Reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Chris, for the review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. And being a fellow Whovian I know exactly what you mean about spooky children :)

Chris Jager - Baker Book House-fiction buyer said...

You are very welcome and continue writing, but maybe not about spooky kids. :-D