Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ann H. Gabhart

Dear Readers,
There are not many times that I get really frustrated when a book goes out of print.  I wish they could all stay available forever, but that is just not practical.  But when Ann H. Gabhart’s book Scent of Lilacs and the following two in the series went out I was upset.
Scent of LilacsThere was something about this wonderful series that just made me feel right at home with everyone in the book.  It's set in the summer of 1964 and Jocie is 13 and on the cusp of womanhood.  She is beginning to wonder about this secret that everyone she knows seems to be in on, except her.  The summertime seems like a good time to see if she can discover what it is.   She just didn’t know what she was going to find.
This story was a wonderful delight to read.  I fell in love with the characters, the storyline itself was one that felt like I was there in the middle of the story, and I didn’t want this story to end, even after three books.
I am so happy to say that Scent of Lilacs is on shelves now with book two, Orchard of Hope coming in October and Summer of Joy to soon follow.  If you haven’t read these already you are in for a treat.  If you have read them, let everyone know so they can join the fun.
Happy Reading.

No comments: