Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chris Fabry

Dear Readers,
I don't know a lot about Chris Fabry.  The only thing I do know for sure is he writes really good fiction books and I really like them.  Almost Heaven is the 3rd story centered in Dogwood, West Virginia.  They are part of a series and yet they can all be read as stand-alones. 
 
In this book you meet Billy Allman.  He is a nice guy who is just living his life as close to God's will as he can.  He feels like he is doing what God wants him to do but something seems to be missing. 
 Almost Heaven, , n9781414319575
He has suffered several great losses in his life.  He lost his family home to a flood, his father died shortly after that.  His mother passed while suffering from dementia.  There are other major things that have happened in his life to make him into the man he is. 
 
Callie has loved Billy for as long as she has known him.  She isn't the prettiest thing to look at, but she has a heart of gold. She helps take care of him and makes sure he eats well even though he is working hard to make sure the radio station keeps operating.
 
They are both broken people just trying to do what is right.  They are not making millions and they will not ever be world famous, but they are ok with that.  They just want to do what is right.
 
I argued with myself whether or not I was liking this book.  I think I kept thinking I knew how this one would end and it never did what I expected it to do.  There was one part of the story I got right, but I don't want to tell you what that was as you need to discover it yourself.  That is what I love about Chris' books as he doesn't write what we think should happen.  He writes the story as it should be told. 
 
I am hoping that he is writing the next book already as I am looking forward to reading that one.
 
Happy Reading

No comments: