Thursday, December 9, 2010

Candace Calvert

Dear Readers,
I will once and a while skip a book #1 in a series to see if you can read the books out of order.  WIth the Mercy Hospital series I ended up missing book 1, Critical Care, & 2, Disaster Status, and reading #3 Code Triage by Candace Calvert and enjoying it completely.  I had no trouble picking up the threads from the other books and following the storylines that had started in 1 & 2.  Candace does a good job of making sure the reader doesn't feel like something happen and they missed it. 
Leigh and Nick's marriage is on the rocks.  He committed adultery and she can't forgive him for it.  It was only a one night thing and he was grieving for his best friend who was killed.  Not a good excuse, but that is what happened. 
 Code Triage (Mercy Hospital), , n9781414325453
This is a fast paced book that reminded me a bit of the O'Malley series by Dee Henderson.  The storyline I talked about above isn't the only storyline, but I didn't want to talk too much about that as I didn't really want to give anything away. 
I recommend this book and the other two to anyone who liked Dee's books or Irene Hannon and Lynette Eason's books.  They are well written and researched, which makes them easy to read.  
Happy Reading

1 comment:

CandaceCalvert said...

I so appreciate this thoughtful review of Code Triage--it's an honor to have you "scrub in" with my Mercy Hospital team.

Blessings,

Candace