Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm on the Radio

Dear Readers,

I have started something that is a bit exciting.  I am doing reviews of fiction books on a local radio station.  They are on the air every other Thursday at 5:20p.m., with the first being on last week, the 11th of Nov.  They will also run the following Saturday in the a.m. 

I have to say this was one of those things that when your boss walks up to you and says, "I have a great idea for you to do," it actually made me want to run away.  I have actually never done anything like that before and was a bit nervous about doing it at all.

When Louis, a fellow Baker employee, and I went down to the radio station to record the first group of books we were sure the radio station would pay Baker so that we would never come back.  But it turned out very well.  Don Michaels, the DJ that is playing the reviews, was a huge help in getting us to relax.  It was actually a load of fun to do.

If you are interested in listening to my first review you can hear the ones you miss by going to http://wcsg.org/blogs/afternoons/  and listening in.  You can also tune into WCSG 91.3 fm or go to WCSG.org.  If you listen to it on line feel free to leave a comment.

Happy Reading

No comments: