Wednesday, October 2, 2013

New Release - Under a Blackberry Moon - Serna Miller

Dear Readers,

I first read Serena B. Miller's books because they were set in Michigan and that intrigued me.  I kept reading them because they were good.  Under a Blackberry Moon is her newest and is once again set in Michigan's lumber camps.  It is a time of Michigan's history that I didn't know much about and since having read the books, I have learned more about it. 

Moon Song stumbles into a lumber camp to find shelter from the winter.  When the camp owner decides she can't stay, he sends his trusted friend Skypilot to get her back to her home on the shores of Lake Superior.  As their journey continues an attraction grows between the two, but can a love between two people of very different cultures survive?

Like I said I learn so much about Michigan's history from this book, not only because of what Serena writes, but because I go looking to find out about what she has written, like the great fire that she wrote about in A Promise to Love. 

If you are looking for one of those gentle tales of love and history, then Serena's books are a perfect fit for you.

Happy Reading,


1 comment:

Nancee said...

Thanks for a wonderful review! I live in Grand Rapids and have always loved reading books that are based in Michigan. Thanks for the heads up!
Nancee
http://perspectivesbynancee.blogspot.com/