Friday, October 18, 2013

New Release - Shades of Mercy Anita Lustrea/Caryn Dahlstrand Rivadeneira

Dear Readers,

Shades of MercyPublishers always believe in their books.  They wouldn't publish them otherwise.  But you can tell when one does a little better than they expect.  Suddenly that is all you are hearing about.  Shades of Mercy by Anita Lustrea and Caryn Dahlstrand Rivadenira seems to be one of those books.

You can tell the publisher did well by this book, it has a beautiful cover and I did seem some advertising on it, but all of the sudden it seems to be everywhere.  Facebook, emails, and ads.  I think it caught them a bit by surprise, but for them best of all has been word of mouth of the readers.

It is 1954 and things in the north woods of Maine are changing.  Mercy Miller is sick of being treated like a boy.  She is now 14 and is ready to be treated like a lady, and one in love at that.  There is one small problem, Mitch is part of the Maliseet tribe and good girls of Watsonville, Maine do not date or fall in love with boys from the Maliseet tribe.

As I write this once again I am out of this book.  Most of the people I have sold it to ask for the book itself because it has been recommended to them by a fellow reader.  That always intrigues me, 'why did they like the book?'  'Is it something I would like?'  'How do I get my hands on a copy?'

So I have ordered more for our shelves and I plan on picking up a copy of it for myself.

Happy Reading

No comments: