Thursday, July 11, 2013

BIlly Coffey

Dear Readers,
How does a small town react when a little girl starts painting pictures that seem to help someone win the lottery?  What if she says she only paints what the Rainbow Man tells her?  Who would believe what she says and who would think she was either crazy or of the devil?
This is the premise of When Mockingbirds Sing by Billy Coffey.  An interesting book that has you second guessing whose side you are actually on and wondering if God would actually use a little girl to get the pastor of the town’s attention. 
Reverend Goggins, Reggie to everyone during the week, is comfortable in his role in town.  He is the spiritual shepherd, he tries to do what is right, he sits with Mable while Barney does his errands, he believes his is doing all he should be as a pastor.  That is until little Leah comes to town and paints a picture that causes quite a stir in town.  Suddenly everyone is Barney’s best friend; they all want a piece of the magic…
Billy’s writing style is easy to read, so while being slower paced, the story draws you along and you want to continue reading and follow it along to the end.  I am not sure what I was expecting when I started this book, but the outline I got when the company rep and a hint about it from the publisher themselves really intrigued me.  It made me want to read it and once I got started I had no problem being involved with the story. 
Happy Reading.

No comments: