Thursday, January 10, 2013

Robin Jones Gunn

Dear Readers,
I thought I had read all of the Sisterchick books by Robin Jones Gunn.  Imagine my surprise and delight when I found one I had not read.  SisterChicks in Gondolas was released in 2006 and for some reason I did not read it.  I have no idea why I didn’t read it, it is the one that heads to Venice Italy, which is as most of you know is one of those countries I would like to visit someday. 
Sisterchicks in Gondolas! by Gunn, Robin JonesJenna has been on her own for many years.  After her husband walked out on her and their 3 month old daughter she has been in control of her life.  Because of her divorce Jenna is convinced she can’t do great things for God anymore, that is until the night she hears “you’re not done yet. “  Not sure what that means, she agrees to go and serve as a cook for a friend’s retreat in Venice. 
Sue goes along mostly to have a break. She and her family have had a very very difficult 5 years, with lots of adjustments to things that have happened.  Sue just needs to just breathe again and find herself.  She isn’t really planning on doing that while helping Jenna serve, but she is willing to spend a few days in Venice.
In the tradition of all the Sisterchicks books, this one will make you laugh, maybe shed a few tears and start planning a trip to Italy.  The two ladies do what I want to do if I ever visit Italy, rent an apartment there and walk around the neighborhoods, not just all the tourist-y spots.   That is what makes life interesting, the people we meet and in turn increase the size of our world.
Happy Reading

No comments: