Monday, April 16, 2012

New Releases April 9 - 14

Dear Readers,
Some weeks, what I write here is easy, an author is coming or some other important event is coming up.  This week it has been a bit harder.  My calendar is full and that means I focus on the next thing and don't look at other things that need to be done also.  One of the things that I don't need to keep focused on is my reading habit.  I am teaching a couple of different workshops in the next month and I am a judge for a Christian Fiction Award. 
All fun and exciting things, but they all take time and focus.  They also have a slightly different focus on fiction.  One of the workshops is about reviews of good fiction books and what I see as new or exciting trends in Christian fiction.  Of course that is mostly guess work as it is kind of like predicting the future.  But it is fun to talk about because some of what I talk about can be what I would like to see.    
The second workshop is for new authors.  It means I am talking about what as a fiction buyer/reader look for in a book.  What makes a book stand out from the others.   I have talked about this subject a couple of times now and each time I do, I learn something new from the audience because of the questions they ask.   I have to say, that since having the chance to meet authors and talk to them, I have an even bigger respect for them and the hard work they put into their writing.
To keep this from being to long, I will wait for a later date to talk about the judge experience
Happy Reading.

The Fiddler - Beverly Lewis -Bev will be in our store Sept. 14th. Watch for the chance to have dinner with Bev.  Home to Hickory Hollow #1- Amelia "Amy" DeVries, a 24-year-old violinist, is disillusioned with life and love.  When her car breaks down deep in the mountains, she goes to find help and meets someone who will change her life forever.

The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club - Wanda Brunstetter - Join the club of unlikely quilters who show up for Amish widow Emma Yoder’s quilting classes. A troubled young woman, a struggling couple, a widower, a rough and tough biker, and a preacher’s wife make up the mismatched lot.

Lady Anne's Quest - Susan Page Davis - Prairie Dreams #2 - As Anne begins to see Dad differently.  Will she soon be envisioning a new life in America?

Harriet Beamer takes the Bus - Joyce Magnin - Harriet agrees that she will move in with her son and daughter-in-law insist, but she will make the move her way.  Across country on public transportation.

The Surrender - Gilbert Morris - The Last Cavaliers #3 - Robert E. Lee and his neighbor Morgan head off to fight the war together.

A Love Forbidden - Kathleen Morgan - Heart of the Rockies #2 - Shiloh is so excited to start her new job teaching the Ute Indian children.  Then reality set in and she is caught between the Utes, the Indian agent and the US goverment.

Submerged - Dani Pettrey - #1 in Alaskan Courage - Bailey was never going to return to her greatest mistake.  An aunt's death and her inheritance changes all of that.  Now Bailey must face not only her past, but a murder also.

My Stubborn Heart - Becky Wade - Kate is burned out at work, has sworn off men and needs an adventure.  When her Aunt askes her to help restore the old family home, Kate jumps at the chance.

Travelers Rest - Ann Tatlock - All Jane dreams of is marring the love of her life, but a stray bullet changes her dreams forever.

No comments: