Saturday, April 7, 2012

Jonathan C. Leicht

Dear Readers,
Every once in a while I read a book that is totally different than anything else I have read.  Behemoth by Jonathan C. Leicht was that type of book.  The impression I got from the book is that Jonathan wanted to point out flaws in the evolution theory, but in spite of some of the preaching in it, it has a fun little plot line.
What if dinosaurs still actually walked the planet?  What if the only reason we don’t know this is because we don’t believe the natives in Africa that there are behemoths still wandering the jungles?  Would the discovery of dinosaurs actually set the whole evolutionary belief on its ear? 
BehemothJim Thompson finds 3 of the elephants on a game preserve slaughtered in a very violent way.  For something to kill an elephant in that manner, it would have to be something very big.   No animal that Jim knows of could kill in that way.  Jim needs to discover what it is before it wipes out his elephant herd.   His journey of discovery leads him to answers that he finds hard to believe.
To be honest I just wasn’t so sure how much I would like the book, but since I got a chance to get it for free to read and review I thought I would take a chance with it.  I am glad I did.  It was a fun little read that once I set aside some big flaws in the reasoning behind us not knowing the dinosaurs were there, I really did enjoy it.  
Happy Reading.
P.S.  Right now I can only find this book in electronic form.  Sorry, but I was asked to review this book by Nelson and needed to put the review on my blog. 

No comments: