Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tom Pawlik


Dear Readers,
Tom Pawlik's first book, Vanish, was so different that there was nothing I could compare it to. I really enjoyed reading it and was very curious as to what his second book would be like. Valley of the Shadows is also a very interesting read. I would have not been able to enjoy it if I hadn't read book one as they fit so well together.

This next part of the review is going to be a bit of a spoiler for book one. So skip ahead to the last paragraph (I will start the one that it is safe to come back to miss the spoiler parts) if you don't want to know the big secret of book number one.

Conner is still trying to figure out why God brought him back from the edge of death. He knows there has to be a reason and if his dreams are any indication it has to do with the people he meet on the "other" side..

Mitch has lived on the farm with Howard for the last 5 years. At least that is what he believes until he runs into a stranger named Nathan. Then everything he believes about this new world is turned upside down.

This book continues the story of Conner and the world between life and death so very well. It makes you think about it, the book is still a work of fiction but....

Ok it is safe to come back now... I wasn't sure I was going to like this book because I wasn't sure what he could do different. Tom does a good job of putting a different spin on the same story (so to speak). I am not sure he could do much else with it and still make it interesting, but I am looking forward to his next one to see what he comes up with.

Happy Reading
Chris

No comments: