Friday, October 5, 2012

Debbie Viguie'

Dear Readers,
Before I started this review on Kiss of Death by Debbie Viguie’, I reread my post on book one of the series.  I didn’t really want to just repeat what I said about that book.  I think one of the interesting things about this series is this book is really a different story.   The main characters and story line are there, but this time Debbie takes us to where the story begins.  Prague in 1198.
I have to admit that I was much more interested in the history storyline than the contemporary one.  I think that is because the contemporary one is setting up for book #3 – Kiss of Revenge that releases next year and no that won’t be soon enough. On the other hand the historical story line gives the background of why things are happening and the characters involved.   
Once again we find Susan, Wendy and David fighting alongside the vampires Raphael, Gabriel and Paul.  When they find out that Richelieu is stealing all the relics that are rumored to have any of Christ’s blood on it they know they have to stop him before he reaches his goal to rule the world. 
I found myself reading this book with the same emotions that Carissa was struggling with.  She owed her life to a monster.  Without his help she would have been dead, but how could she trust or help him when she knew what he was and what he did.  How can I really like these characters?  They are not “normal,” and yet I found myself liking them.  It is a strange place to find myself. 
I am really enjoying this series, but I do so like Debbie’s writing.  I have read a couple of her other books that we don’t carry here at the store and her style is one that makes me want to continue reading. 
Happy Reading
P.S. This book is available in the store or by request at bakerbookstore.com
P.S.S.  I recieved an ARC copy from the company for my honest review.

No comments: