Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bette Nordberg

Dear Readers,
Genoe Bay is Bette Nordberg's first book in a couple of years. I don't know why it took so long, but I am glad she is back.

Brandy flies quickly to Vancouver Island in British Columbia to see Maggie, the woman who took her in after she ran away from home when Brandy was 16. When she finds out she inherited Maggie's bed and breakfast, Brandy sees it as a chance to start again.
Several of the locals are glad to see her, but the local developer is not. The house is going to require a lot of work before she can open or even live there comfortably. As Brandy moves forward she begins to doubt she heard God correctly and wonders if she should even stay and finish what she started. Can she trust the guys who are contracted to work for her? Does Cliff actually want to help? Or is he just pretending to help? Who can she trust?

A very interesting read and one that did keep me up late on a couple nights. Not many books do that anymore. I need my sleep you know. :-)

I will be looking for Bette's next book.

Happy Reading

No comments: