Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ginger Kolbaba and Christy Scannell

Dear Readers,
I read the first on of this series only because of the title, Desperate Pastor's Wives. I am so glad I did. It took me a while to get around to reading book two, I am sorry it took me so long to read it. A Matter of Wife and Death picks up right where the first one leaves off. Which is nice if you can remember all that went on. Ginger and Christy do a good job of catching up on the "old" news by making it part of the story instead of just rehashing everything.

Mimi, Lisa, Jennifer, and Felicia are still meeting every other week at Lulu's Cafe to keep their sanity. They talk about family, both blood family and church families. They solve their "world" problems and keep each other accountable. But most of all they laugh... a lot.

Mimi is dealing with a new baby that she wasn't planning on. Milo cries with all the time and she is not getting enough sleep. Can you get a ticket for falling asleep at a traffic light?

Lisa's daughter Callie is rebelling against her family, the church and anyone within reach. Lisa is beside herself as to what to do. Not helping matters, the church is not happy with her pastor husband.

Jennifer still longs for a baby. Why would God not allow something that is so much her hearts desire. Does He maybe have other plans for her and her longings for a family?

Felicia -she is the hardest character for me to like. She is struggling with the working mother thing and a biting child. When headquaters offers her a job in Chicago what will she tell her husband?

Real life problems with the twist of being a pastor's family. How do you operate and deal with everyday normal things when the church your husband is in charge of expects you and your family to be perfect? I know when I read this it makes me stop and think about what I expect from my pastor and his family. Do I allow them to be normal? Do I have to many high expectations of what they are suppose to do or not?

Ok enough of that... I really did enjoy this book. It is funny and yet makes you think. I have said before it is very real. I can only imagine what some families go through. I know personally I wouldn't be able to not say something and would probably make a rotten pastor's wife. :-) Go out read this series it is a good one and I personally am looking forward to book #3.

Happy Reading

No comments: