Tuesday, November 17, 2015

New Release - The Girl from the Train - Irma Joubert

Dear Readers,

The Girl From the Train by Irma Joubert interested me as soon as I heard about it.  So when the rep from Harper Collins Christian came in to present it I was very excited to get it here in the store.  The first few I brought in were gone almost as quickly as I put them on the shelves.  So there is something about this book that is drawing a lot of attention.

Jakob works for the Polish Resistance.  His job for the night is to blow up a troop train.  But a prisoner train bound for Auschwitz arrives first.  There are no survivors except 6 year old Grethl.  Jakob takes her in and cares for her for the duration of the war.  When he hears about a place in South Africa that is taking in German orphans and promising them a good life, he sends Grethl off to live there.  Thinking he won't see her again.  But their lives and secrets are intertwined together and they find each other again.

What an interesting storyline.  Not the average WWII story, but a story about the people involved during but also after the war.  I really am looking forward to reading this book, as soon as I can get my hands on a copy.

Happy Reading,

No comments: