Tuesday, July 14, 2015

New Release - Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee

Dear Readers,

This is the day the literary world has been waiting for since the announcement that there was a new Harper Lee book.  A book that Harper wrote before and even submitted before To Kill a Mockingbird.  Go Set a Watchman actually involves the characters from Mockingbird but several years later.

Scout is now known by Jean Louise and Atticus is getting to be an old man at 72.  There are more changes but you will need to read the book to discover them.  I have tried as best I could to get my hands on a copy before its release, but was unable to so have been reading it as quickly as I could to see what to say about it.  (There will be a review coming later)

I am not one that waited with baited breath until the book released.  I never warmed up to much to Mockingbird and freely admit that most of what I remember of the book is probably more from the movie than from the book.  Sorry.

For those of you that are church librarians, know that there is loads of language issues that might cause a problem with some of your readers.  But that said, I am interested enough in the book to keep going and I am curious to see how it ends.

So join the fun, grab a copy of the literary release of the century.  :-)

Happy Reading,

No comments: