Thursday, July 9, 2015

Melanie Dobson

Dear Readers,
I am not sure what I was expecting when I started Shadows of Ladenbrook Manor by Melanie Dobson, but what I got was a wonderful story about a family full of secrets.  
Shadows+of+Ladenbrooke+ManorHeather is returning to her family cottage after her father dies to ready it to be sold.  What she finds instead are secrets and lies that have marked her life since the day she was born.  As she searches farther she struggles to figure out what is truth and what is deceit.  Even when it came down to her first love and what happened with that relationship. 
Melanie weaves a story full of lies and half truths.  Heather's family is not what they seem and when Heather learns more and more about her past, she is hurt and troubled by it all.  
I have to admit I am not sure how quickly I would forgive my parents or family if I found out some of the stuff about me that Heather did.  But that is kind of what made this book interesting, it made me wonder, "what if?"  It was also a good reminder that lies are not a good thing in a family or anywhere. Though they may seem to spare the person's feelings at that moment and myself some embarrassment at that time, it usually ends up hurting someone later.  
An interesting read, one that will make me read Melanie's next book shortly after it releases. 
Happy Reading, 
P.S. The Cover is a bit different that the picture here. 

No comments: