Thursday, June 25, 2015

Susan Mason


Dear Readers,

One of my favorite things about my job is that I can read anything I want, just to get a feel for a new author.  No excuses, just saying I had to read it.:-)  Irish Meadows by Susan Mason was such a book.  I wanted to read it because it was set on a horse farm on Long Island in the early 1900’s.  America was just starting to flex its muscles, becoming the place where hopes and dreams really did come true.

James O’Leary is one of those whose hard work paid off.  He worked hard to make sure his family had enough of everything.  He did well with his horse business.  He was able to become of the rich in the area and his wife and children lived comfortably. That is until recently.  Now he is desperate to save Irish Meadows.

He starts to pressure his daughters into marrying certain men.  The girls, on the other hand, do not worry about finances, they are hoping to marry for love.  Brianna has long been in love with a young man who has lived with the family since his mother died. Her father has other plans for him also. 

I had just read a pretty heavy book and returned from a trip abroad.  I needed something that I could just enjoy and this book fit the bill.  With a beautiful backdrop and a young lady who was just feisty enough to cheer on, I had a fun time reading this book. 

The art department did a wonderful job on the cover.  They did a great job of making it eye catching so that you want to pick up the book and read about the woman pictured on the front.  Do yourself a favor, pull up a comfortable chair and enjoy.

Happy Reading,

No comments: