Friday, March 20, 2015

Travel

Dear Readers,

I have asked several people to read a certain book for me and give me their opinion on it.  For some it was a stretch because it was way outside of their normal genre, others it was there favorite genre.  What I found interesting is the reviews and comments I got on it and from who.  Over all they were favorable and that was a huge help as to what type of reader I should present the book to.  Thank you to all who participated.

But one lady read the book, but fell ill.  (Not from the book) And so she felt like she had failed me, which she didn't, but so wanted to finish the book and still offer her review of the title.  I received that letter a few days ago and it was such a lovely written letter, yes letter not email, that it warmed my heart. 

She loved the book as she has a number of the authors books, but one line she wrote has really just stuck with me.  "I have enjoyed all of (the Author's) books and have consider myself having a chair-side travel around the world with (their) books."  She went on to say how much she had enjoyed the 'travel' to countries and eras that she would never experience.  Due to her health she has been 'stuck' at home even more, but doesn't feel the constraints of her walls because she escapes through the papers of the written word.

I thought about that and it echoes in my heart, that is the best part about reading, it is learning new things about people, places and times we will never get to experience first hand.  That vacation that you can't afford can be brought to your doorstep or those dragons that need slaying, they will invade your living room and you can battle them there.

It is always good to be reminded of the fun side of reading fiction books and I am ready for my next adventure.

Happy Reading,

No comments: