Thursday, December 11, 2014

Book of the year - 2014


Dear Readers,

It is hard to believe that the end of the year is upon us.  Our family added a couple of members this year with a wedding and the birth of a grandchild, which made it busier than ever.  Time flew with all the blessings and fun we had this year.  One of the things that remains a constant in my life is the number of good books that I have the privilege to read every year.  It does make it harder to pick a favorite from among them all as every time I think I had one, someone would remind me of a different one I liked. 

A Table by the Window by Hillary Manton LodgeSo this year I went back through my list of books I have reviewed this year and there was one that made me stop a bit longer than any of the others. That was ATable by the Window by Hillary Manton Lodge.  I was so taken with this book when I first read it that I emailed the rep from Waterbrook wondering when the second half of the story was coming out.  I loved the characters, I love the setting and I loved that Hillary wove family and cooking together so beautifully.  It is something that my family seems to have also, most of our get-togethers seem to center around food in one way or another.

The story itself drew me, asked me to pull up a chair and enjoy a meal.  They made me part of their family, to partake in their arguments, laughter and tears.  To be welcomed so warmly into a family is a gift, to be given that gift by an author just adds to the pleasure.  I am looking forward to Reservations for Two which releases in April which is not soon enough, but I guess I will wait.

Happy Reading,

No comments: