Tuesday, November 4, 2014

New Release - To See the Moon Again - Jamie Langston Turner

Dear Readers,

There is no way I can describe how excited I was when I heard that Jamie Langston Turner is back writing again.  I feel in love with her books many years ago while reading Some Wild Flowers in my Heart.  I loved the way she used so many words and yet made it such an simple thing to read.  I remember telling one reader who asked about her books, "yes, there maybe 300 pages in the book, but there are many more words."  She is a word smith that makes reading a genuine pleasure.

So no I haven't gotten To See the Moon Again read yet, but that won't stop me from talking about it fellow readers and pushing it to the top of my TBR list.  I will soon pick it up and read to my hearts content.  Maybe even this weekend.

Julia Rich lives with the guilt of the horrible accident she caused several years past.  She deals with the guilt by keeping the world at arm's length.  She has her routine and does not let anyone get to close to her.  It is a life that she can live safely.

When Julia's niece comes to visit, everything gets turned upside down.  Carmen  is one big contrast, she is comical and wise, sunny and contemplative and so much more than just that.  She is also determined to draw her Aunt out and back into a place where there is hope and love.

The two women take a journey that will take them both from the familiar and leads them on a trip of discovery.

Just writing about this book makes me want to pause and just start reading.  But I guess I will have to wait for the weekend. *Sigh*

Happy Reading,

No comments: