Thursday, July 25, 2013

Steven James

Dear Readers,
This past 4th of July weekend I was looking forward to lots of quiet time.  My family is training for a bike ride across Iowa in a few weeks and I was going to have several hours all to myself.  So imagine my happiness when The King by Steven James arrived that week.  I read it in two days, mostly because it is fast paced and you really are not going to want to lay it down until you know what happens to all the bad guys.
The KingOnce again Steven takes us to the very dark side of human nature.  To titles his books “thrillers” does seem quite right.  There should be a  genre titled “won’t sleep until the back guys are dead or in prison.”  I can think of a couple authors I would put in that genre, but definitely Steven’s Patrick Bowers series. 
Basque is back and if that statement makes no sense, you need to start with the Pawn and make your way to The King.  It is worth the trip.  If you are not a fan of thrillers this is definitely not the series for you. 
Patrick is in a race to save his family and the country once again.  When the two women he loves more than anything in the world are threatened by an old enemy, Patrick makes it his sole job to track Basque down and to make sure that he can hurt no one ever again.
Fast paced, a page turner and one that keep you wondering how it could get any worse to the very end, this is Steven James at his best and most enjoyable.
Happy Reading.

No comments: